Sunday, September 14, 2014

{SS} Monthly Technique Challenge: Chalkboard

Good morning!!
Are you ready for SweetStamps Monthly Technique Challenge?
This months challenge is: 
Chalkboard Technique
I just love this technique!!!  It's super easy, super fun and the results are always AMAZING.
For my card today, I am using You Brighten My Day stamp set.  I used a strip of printer paper to create the gap between the flower, so it was an instant place for the sentiment.  I used SweetStamps White Dye ink  to get the chalkboard effect for the challenge.
I then went around with a white gel pen and created the frame around the image.  Dabbed my finger on the ink pad and rubbed it randomly to added more of the chalkboard effect.  Once completed I added some really small pearls to the four corners and ribbon.
*****************
Join our weekly and monthly challenge
You can use any stamp on your challenge entry, but if you use a SweetStamps image, you will get two entries into the giveaway! To enter the challenge, please add the URL to your actual blog post or online gallery to the InLink at the end of the post. Please do not link to your main blog, we want to be able to find your post to leave you comments. Also, please link back to the SweetStamps blog.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, use a SweeStamps image to get an extra entry in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including SweetStamps). You must link back to SweetStamps on your blog post.
 Our next weekly challenge starts on Tuesday and the theme is:
ANYTHING GOES

*****************
I would like to share this card in the following challenge:


Hugs, 

3 comments :

  1. Nice designer paper and it goes great with the chalkboard, pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always amazing, Calypso! This design is just beautiful. The way you divided your stamp for the sentiment is such a clever idea. Thanks for inspiring us week after week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design, I love how you left the area blank for the sentiment and added the chalk lines to frame the flowers.

    ReplyDelete